PERSONAL EQUIPMENT FOR THE EXPEDITION
As there is limited room for personal belongings in the expedition cars and “Finval” trimaran – you are kindly requested to give serious consideration to the amount of the personal equipment and not to take unnecessary things!
Standard volume and weight of the personal equipment for a participant should not exceed one backpack or one bag of 120 litres capacity and 20-28 kg weight depending on duration and complexity of the expedition. Besides that, various experts and professional photographers are allowed to have additional devices and equipment that are discussed separately with the expedition organizers.
OBLIGATORY EQUIPMENT AND DOCUMENTS FOR ANY EXPEDITION:
1. Passport, health insurance policy and other personal documents.
2. Personal medicines. Big shared medical kit will be available in the expedition.
3. Personal hygiene means apart from toilet paper.
4. Several underwear sets.
5. Sleeping bag (with comfort temperature equaling extreme temperature expected in the expedition – to be communicated by the expedition organizers. For example, if the lowest temperature during the expedition is expected to be +5 then comfortable temperature of the sleeping bag should be the same or have a little margin, for instance it may be 0).
6. Charging units for personal devices operated from 220V mains.
EQUIPMENT FOR SPRING AND SUMMER CAR EXPEDITIONS
TO THE STEPPE AND DESERT REGIONS:
2. Trousers that can be tucked into the high boots.
3. High boots (high trekking boots or quarter boots).
4. Light shoes.
5. Shorts (optional).
6. Swimming suit (optional).
7. Wind and water proof jacket.
8. Warm jacket.
9. Cold-protective trousers.
10. Long sleeved shirt.
11. Sweater, sweatshirt or pull over.
12. Sun and windproof hats (in case of cool weather).
13. Repellents against flies, mosquitoes, ticks by reliable producers.
14. Sunblock cream.
EQUIPMENT FOR WINTER CAR EXPEDITIONS TO THE NORTH REGIONS:
1. Down-filled or other extremely warm suit. Bib overalls and long hooded jacket would be a good choice.
2. Extremely warm hat with ear flaps.
3. Warm sweater, sweatshirt, pull over or other.
4. Thermal underwear or any warm underwear.
5. Warm boots with snow protection from above (better if warm trousers cover the top of the boots).
6. Extremely warm gloves or mittens.
7. Scarf or warm face mask.
8. Warm long sleeved shirt.
9. Light indoor shoes.
10. Warm socks.
EQUIPMENT FOR WATER EXPEDITIONS ON TRIMARAN TO THE NORTH REGIONS:
1. Wind and water proof warm suit or a separate warm suit and a wind and water proof suit over it.
2. Warm hat.
3. Water proof warm gloves.
4. Spare pair of warm gloves.
5. High warm water boots or water boots with possibility to put on very warm foot wraps.
6. Woolen socks.
7. Quarter boots or trekking boots.
8. High waterproof rubber shoes or slippers (to walk inside the trimaran).
9. Warm sweater, sweatshirt, pull over or other.
10. Thermal underwear or any warm underwear.
11. Warm long sleeved shirt.
12. Trousers or pants.
12. Repellents against mosquitoes and flies (by reliable producers).
13. Mosquito head net.
14. Hand cream.
Depending on conditions of the specific expedition the list of the equipment
and outfit may be changed.